Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Denver Cont.

Alyssa and I returned yesterday from a great visit with family in Denver. We survived the plane ride, barely. My sister generously treated us to a fun vacation and we got to see Davidson and Angela's family (I haven't seen my brother in almost 2 years). Even though both Alyssa and I got sick within a day of being there, we were able to enjoy a real winter, relaxing evenings, fun playdates, delicious food, and lots of laughs.

I discovered within minutes of arriving at my sister's house that Alyssa doesn't like dogs but LOVES cats! Steph has two full grown German Shepherds and one raskley cat (that thinks he is a dog). Alyssa was very afraid of the dogs and loved to watch them through the sliding glass door. She would say "Hi Heidi" and wave lovingly at the dogs then ask me to open the door and let them in. So, I would...and Alyssa would run for cover and hide from the dogs. But the cat...oh that cat---or should I say "titty-cat meow". That's what Alyssa called Bernie and pretty much the only thing she said all week. She would wake up--"titty-cat meow", chase the cat around the house saying "titty-cat meow" while gesturing "come here". As the week progressed her "meow" got to sound very much like the cat's "meow". Two peas in a pod!

I loved my visit! Thanks Steph for all the good times and I can't wait for you to come out in April!!!

2 comments:

Jen I said...

That's so fun that you got away! Yeah, you have to watch out for those titty-tats. I went visiting teaching one time and my companion's son walked up to the lady we were visiting for the first time and asked, "Do you have a titty?" My companion rushed over in horror and was like "KITTY, Jack, KITTY. You gotta get this one right buddy!"

Sara said...

You and your vacations...you need to find some miracle drug out there that guarantees a "sick free" vacation!!! Glad you had fun though