Thursday, April 22, 2010

Alyssa's New Phrases

"Phrases?" you ask. "She was barely speaking 'words' when we saw her last!" It is true, she doesn't quite have the gift of gab like her mother but she has improved her communication skills quite recently. Here are some of the more common phrases:

" I want dum" (I want gum): This sentence is used between every other sentence. She LOVES gum and does very well at chewing it for awhile then spitting it out in the trash--or my hand--which ever is closest.

"I want byes" (I want to go): This sentence is always followed by putting on shoes and heading to the door, whether we are ready to go or not.

" I want ishies" (I want gold fish crackers): The ishies in this phrase can be replaced with juice, shoes, cracker, orange, snack, etc

"sit": I realize this is a single word but she uses it like a phrase--she is very directive about it.

Basically you see a pattern here. Alyssa "wants" alot of things at this phase in her life. She is talking bunches more and I love it!

0 comments: