Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weeds

I don't think a person fully understands how quickly time passes unless you have children. The last three years are a blur. Between sleepless nights, countless illnesses, billions of diapers, bottles, baths; baskets upon baskets of laundry, and a whole host of duties that I couldn't begin to describe, I am amazed that I have survived. Not only survived but blossomed. And I'm not talking about my waistline. To be truthful, at the beginning of this post, only a few short sentences ago, I had intended on complaining about the trials of motherhood and how my life is slipping through my fingers but just as I was about to say such a thing I realized how happy I have been. Yes, I have cried tears of frustration, yelled more than I should have, even thrown a few things (maybe even at people) but really in the end I wouldn't have traded any of those terribly challenging things for all the pedicures, massages, delicious books, or bubble baths in the world. Watching my children play together, laugh, learn, explore, and the most beautiful of all, watch as their testimonies grow as we read the scriptures I am reminded of my divine nature. I remember that I was MADE for this. My talents, my skills, my desires bloom in my home and with my family. This is my purpose, this is my joy. Great thanks to my Father in Heaven for having faith enough in me to lend me his precious children for a short time on this earth.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I sooooo needed to read that today!