It has been raining all day today which means lots and lots of whining from Alyssa. On days like this we aren't able to run outside, go to the park, or even out to the store since Ben takes the car. She was pretty patient as I did a Pilates DVD but quickly lost patience when she saw me pull out weights for round two of workout. She really let the noise come when I started my bench press! She was standing over me whining "no, no, no, no, no, no". I kept telling her to go play with her simple response of "no". I had enough so I put down my weights and pulled her down onto me and snuggled her really tightly. She nuzzled onto my chest and let out a deep sigh. I said gently and softly "Alyssa, you are a big girl now and big girls can play by themselves while mommies workout. You are a big girl, right?" And her response was a typical "no". I repeated my question "You are a big girl, right"? "No" (third time is the charm) "You are a big girl, right? "no". So I reversed it "Are you a baby?" and she said as she snuggled deeper into me "Yesh, baby".
I love that she is growing up and wants her independence but moments like that make me wish that she could stay my "baby" forever.
She eventually waddled off to color in her room while I finished my weights then we both headed down in the rain to our gym where she "worked out" in front of the mirror while I ran. Cutie, cutie!
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment