The last couple of weeks have been full of stress and new experiences but we have survived and hopefully we are stronger from it. Jaxton was hospitalized with RSV a couple of weeks ago and spent four days in the hospital. Since I am his source of food that meant that I was hospitalized too. In fact, they had me almost quarantined because of the infectious disease factor. The staff wouldn't let me leave his room...even to go down the hall to the vending machine for some chocolate which I REALLY needed. So, I stayed in the same clothes for almost that entire time and didn't sleep or eat. I talked the Dr. into letting us go home since I had enough and was confident I could handle things from home. And guess what, I have handle things from home since :)!!!
That little trip to hospital kept us on house arrest for over a week but this past week we have wandered back out into the great wide open. Jaxton is doing great and growing up so fast. In the hospital he gave us his first smile and boy was it a keeper! He is smiling, cooing, and loves to play on the floor. Alyssa is such a great sister and will lay down with him and entertain him while he kicks and throws punches at her (she LOVES that!!!)
Ben was able to attend the last NASA space launch while we got to stay home (still a little bitter about that but that's what happens when you are the mommy with sick kids). That was really a momentous event and I'm glad someone from our family was able to memorialize it.
We move home to Utah in June!!! Time is passing so quickly and I am getting anxious to see family and have Alyssa and Jaxton get to know their awesome aunts, uncles, cousins, and nana and their two papas.
Continuing with our update...Ben and his group took 2nd place in their presentation which meant they won $200 and an awesome grade. They did a great job!!! This is Ben's last real semester of school and he is very ready to be done. He has done great and we are so proud of him.
I'm finding it very hard to get back into my running routine with two kids. I put them both in the double jogger and set out and withing 5 minutes Jax is screaming bloody murder and continues this display for three miles until I give up and take them home. Once in the car seat he settles right down and sleeps the morning away. It is sooooo stressful to run with a screaming baby so I don't feel motivated to do it every morning. I really want a nanny to watch the kids for just an hour a day so I could get a productive workout in. We got the "Insanity" workout videos thinking that maybe I could do it at home while Jax sleeps and Alyssa plays. Ya...that doesn't happen. The minute I turn it on Jax wakes up and Alyssa needs things IMMEDIATELY. How do they know? I'm very stressed out by this and my waist line is showing it. I don't know what to do. And that's my complaining.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
No way - he got to go to the space launch??? I totally tried to get tickets! Jealous!
Yeah, I always think any postpartum depression is mostly because you have to keep looking at the postpartum body. :(
Stop talking about moving! I'm in denial.
I'm glad Jax is OK - that sounds scary!
Post a Comment