Thursday, March 17, 2011

Since Last Time...

Believe it or not, we have actual done a few things since last posting. We adventured to Disney world and celebrated my 30th Birthday! Wow, 30...feels the same as 29 and for that matter the same as 25.

We had a great time in Disney World and we loved seeing how much fun Alyssa had. We spent about 9 hrs at the park and rode about 6 rides...worth it? That is yet to be determined. After all of the non-sense of Alyssa being scared peepeeless (literally) from the automatic flushing toilets, being stranded with no shuttle to take us back to the hotel, and the chilly weather we reflect fondly on how happy she was to open her "present" from her Daddy. We couldn't afford any souveniers from the park but when Ben went to get pizza that night, he stopped by a gift shop and bought her a princess backpack and Tinker Bell scrapbooking stuff. Alyssa was thrilled with her little trinkets and she hasn't let them out of her sight since. In fact, that night she tucked her back pack under her pillow and slept with it.

I turned 30 today and have had a great day. I have been drooling over this enormous chocolate cake from Costco for months now but have never gotten it. Well...I got it for me big day. But I will admit...I have had some success on the battle of baby weight and have kind of not felt it was worth undoing my work by indulging. I'm sure I'll feel different tonight!

Alyssa has been very helpful around the house lately...She unrolled and entire roll of toilet paper and stuffed it in the toilet, stored her new princess plate, bowl, and cup in the fridge (for safe keeping while she slept at night), and hung up my work-out clothes and swim suits. She is so sweet and really doesn't mean to make more work for me but....

Jaxton is smiling, cooing, and trying to laugh. He loves to talk, talk, talk, and exercise his tiny muscles. He is sleeping well through the night now, and gaining weight like mad! He now weighs half as much as Alyssa weighs, CRAZY!

1 comments:

Jen I said...

Yeah, I seriously can't believe you did Disneyworld with a newborn!! Wow. Welcome to the 30s! We need some more of those around. :)